BRITA is the world’s No. 1 selling water filter. BRITA Water is enjoyed every day by 50 million people in over eighty countries.
BRITA pioneered domestic water filtration over forty years ago. With its German technology and research, it remains at the forefront today. Discover the advantages of filtered water and the difference it can make to your health and lifestyle.
Headquartered in Taunusstein, Germany, BRITA GmbH is the worldwide market leader in household water filtration. Over the past 40 years, BRITA has expanded from a small, one-man business into an internationally operating company, and is still family-run. BRITA is the inventor of jug water filters for domestic use. Today, the company develops, produces and sells innovative drinking water filters for both domestic and professional use in over 80 countries on all continents, and is thus the only real global player in its field. BRITA is one of the “hidden champions” – companies that discover a market niche, create and conquer this market and constantly expand it.
A modern company with broad filtration solutions
BRITA is synonymous with household water filters and produces a wide range of jug water filters and cartridges for domestic use. Moreover, recognizing the broader applications for its innovative technology, BRITA has expanded its field of activity far beyond household consumer products. Since 1980, BRITA has been manufacturing water filters for professional use in coffee and espresso machines, vending machines, steamers and dishwashers, improving food and beverage flavour and presentation and raising cost-efficiency. BRITA’s third field of operations, BRITA Integrated Solutions, comprises partnerships with international manufacturers of domestic appliances, including BSH Bosch Siemens Haushaltsgeräte GmbH, Cloer, Breville and Pegler, who integrate BRITA’s household water filter cartridges into their appliances to offer their customers the advantages of BRITA-filtered water.
Some facts at a glance
- Established in 1966 by Heinz Hankammer, BRITA is an owner-managed family company with over 800 staff worldwide. It is now run by the second generation in the person of Markus Hankammer.
- Production takes place in Germany, the U.K., Switzerland and India.
- BRITA products are distributed worldwide to more than 80 countries on all continents by subsidiaries, partner companies and a joint venture.
- Worldwide turnover in 2005 was EUR190.9 million.
- Products include:
- Water filter systems and cartridges for domestic use: jug water filters, on tap water filters and water dispensers;
- Water filter cartridges integrated into partner domestic appliances in kettles, coffee and espresso machines, water dispensers and water chillers, under-sink installations for BRITA-filtered water straight from the tap;
- Water filter systems and cartridges for commercial use for coffee machines, vending machines, steamers and dishwashers.
If you live in Australia
If you have questions about the products, features, benefits, uses or availability of BRITA WATER FILTER SYSTEMS (Australia), or if you wish to tell us how pleased you are with your BRITA system, or if you have any suggestions or other query, then please contact us.
If you have a query, before you contact us we suggest you look at the “Frequently Asked Questions” (FAQ) pages on this site where you may well find the answer.
Use the “Search” facility to assist you in finding information in our website – simply enter a keyword in the text box located at the top right corner of your screen.
Customer Careline: 1300 55 77 62 (business hours Australian EST)
Fax: (02) 9486 4222
Post: PO Box 4066,
Macquarie Centre NSW 2086 Australia.
ABN 33 058 740 757
If you live outside Australia, refer to “BRITA Worldwide” on our stockists page.