How often should I replace the MAXTRA+ filter cartridge?
For optimum results, replace your MAXTRA+ filter be replaced every month or 150L based on average household size drinking 8 glasses per day.
What are the benefits of MAXTRA+ filter?
The filter contains natural Micro Carbon pearls with millions of pores that work like a sponge, absorbing and locking away the substances that impair the taste of drinking water (such as chlorine and chlorine compounds), whilst the Ion-Exchange Pearls protect against limescale build-up as well as reducing metals such as lead and copper.
How is MAXTRA+ Limescale Expert different to the standard MAXTRA+ Pure Performance filter?
Both filters provide expert levels of filtration, however the superior MAXTRA+ Limescale Expert filter is 50% more powerful at reducing limescale build-up, therefore it’s more suited to those living in hard water areas in Australia. Click here for more details.
How do I prepare my BRITA water filter cartridge?
MAXTRA, MAXTRA+ and Classic filter cartridges:
• Fill your jug or a bowl with water.
• Immerse your cartridge in the water and shake vigorously from side to side to circulate water within your cartridge and to remove all air bubbles for about 1 minute.
• Place the filter into the jug.
• Filter through and discard 2 litres of water
• The filter is now ready to use.
Does MAXTRA+ filter fit into all existing BRITA products?
The MAXTRA+ filter fits into every BRITA Jug and Cask except for the Classic Jugs range.